Underdark is dangerous and mysterious world located under surface. On Arelith, Underdark is hosted on separate server with many races specific to this environment. All articles concerning specifically Underdark can be found on this list.
- Underdark setting - the breakdown of Arelith setting for UD
- Playing any UD race - server policy concerning UD races.
Underdark and SocietyEdit
- The Underdark.
- The Realms Below.
- The Night Below.
- The Lightless Lands.
These and many more names are given to the vast, lawless world that lies beneath the surface. To those who live beneath the rays of the Fiery Orb; it is a land of Horror and nightmares. Twisting labyrinthine passages filled with a dreadful silence broken only by the screams of fierce predators. Eerie Caverns with darkness reaching higher than sight allows, or smaller than a man. One could walk for days only to find your path blocked by ten tons of rock, and your steps tracked by creatures from your most horrible fears. Few have ever reached to the depths of Deepearth and returned to tell their tale.
And yet, it is also a place that many call home. Races who carve a life from the living stone, or claw their way to the top of the predators through guile and strength. The sly and retiring Svirfneblin; living for their craft and the stone they love. The Driven and ambitious Duergar; Taskmasters and traders who will ply their goods to whomever will look. The Monstrous Kobolds and Goblins, striving to carve a home for themselves and their kin amidst all the turmoil of the Caverns of the lightless lands. Races which have banded together for survival, and worked together in the creation of Urblexis Grond. Urblexis Grond is the frontier town of the Realms Below, the sanctuary of the outcast and home to ambitions deep beneath the sun.
And then there are the Drow. The stuff of legend and the name used to strike fear into unruly children. The Drow rule the subterranean realms with an evil smile and a barbed whip; seeking to quench their unholy desires and grasping for power within their stronghold of Udos Dro'Xun. Arcane masters, vicious warriors, and twisted Priestesses of Lolth, their Demon Spider-Queen, who seek to crush the goodly races beneath their heel in the name of their Goddess.
This is the Underdark. Welcome home.
- The first three miles below the surface. It is here where the surface dwellers and those in the Underdark most often meet. Jhared's trading post is situated there.
- Located three to ten miles below the surface, this layer is where most of the Underdark cities are located, including Udos Dro'Xun and Urblexis Grond.
- Ten miles or more below the surface, the Lowerdark is where even those who know the Underdark loath to go.
We are the Ilythiiri, the Drow,
The Horror within your soul.
We are the scourge of the Blighted lands,
And the ravagers of the night.
We call Demons friend and Bring to heel
The nightmares of the Lightless Lands.
We are the Masters of the Deep Dark.
We are the nameless fear that grips you
When the moon is hidden by Cloud.
The terror that strikes your heart
When the candle's flame is snuffed by the wind.
Fear the Darkness
Making your first Drow - Several hints and FAQ for players who are making their first Drow on Arelith.
Introduction to Drow Society
Houses and Guilds
- Information about some of the houses and guilds are available in Encyclopedia Arelithica. Yet most information needs to be found in character in game.
- Arach-Tinilith, the Temple of Lloth
- Sorcere, the Academy of Mages
- Melee Magthere, the Academy of Warriors
- Velkyn, the society of thieves and assassins that doesn't exist
- Killian-Yath, the Temple Knights - Dead. That what is dead, that was weak and should be forgotten.
Races in Urblexis GrondEdit
Starting in UnderdarkEdit
When you start a character in Underdark, you'll get an opportunity to make some deliveries of parcels. Take that quest if you are below level 3, but a bug gives you the opportunity to deliver parcels even if you are above level 2 if you are using an old character. If you accept the mission with a level 3+ character, you'll be stuck with a lot of items in your inventory that you can't get rid of.
External Links Edit
Please, note that the following are links to different campaigns with slightly different settings and not all of the information listed there may apply on Arelith. They are still great resource for inspiration.